[AG-TECH] Re: Shared Power Point Question

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Thu Mar 31 00:37:02 CST 2005

Hi West,

> I am running AGtk 2.3 on Fedora Core 2 machines. I have open office
> installed on these machines. I also have AGtk 2.3 running on a
> Windows XP machine and have installed open office on this machine as well.

> Three questions:
>
> 0)what am I doing wrong?

You need MS Office (or MS PowerPoint) on Windows, not OpenOffice.

> 1)Can I get shared power point to work with open office across windows XP
> and linux machines?

No.

You would need to modify the SharedPresentation code on Windows to use
OpenOffice. Two approaches you might consider include building pyUNO against
the python interpreter that AGTk 2.3 is using or using the OpenOffice OLE
Automation interface.

> 2)If (1) is not possible can I get shared power point to work with MS
> powerpoint on the Windows XP machine and open office on the linux
> machines?

Yes. I used SharedPresentation between OpenOffice on FC2 and MS Office on
Windows.

Cheers,
Doug