[AG-TECH] Portable AG node

Natalia Costas Lago natalia at cesga.es
Wed Mar 30 11:06:10 CST 2005

Hi everybody!

We are in a new stage of AG deployment, our new challenge is to develop a mobile AG node. It's a room one, but we need to move the equipment wherever is needed.

And, we are in a hurry, as we need to purchase and have it working properly for an important event soon.

I've seen this isnt a brand new idea, there is a pic of one "portable ag node" on the Internet2 website, and there are more sites that have one. The problem is that i couldnt find precise details about the hardware we should purchase. Or the better configuration (cable length, wireless video, maybe rack PCs?), there are so many choices!!.

We greatly appreciate any suggestion, configuration and/or advices provided.

Has anyone out there worked on a similar configuration?

Thankx in advance,

Kind regards,
Natalia.

Natalia Costas Lago
email: natalia at cesga.es

Centro de Supercomputacion de Galicia (CESGA)
Avenida de Vigo, s/n Campus Sur
15706 Santiago de Compostela - SPAIN
Tel:   +34  981 56 98 10
Fax:  +34  981 59 46 16