[AG-TECH] OS X rat

kathy gill kegill at u.washington.edu
Tue Mar 15 16:08:22 CST 2005

Jeremy Mann wrote:

> I've installed the latest release of AG for OS X. Everything works great,
> except RAT. When I select "Default Sound Device" from Options -> Category
> -> Audio, it doesn't change and save the setting. Next time I open Options
> -> Category -> Audio, its back to "No Audio Device".
>
> How can I fix this?
>
> Also, what kind of audio connector is needed for the microphone or line
> level out (whichever it is) on my dual G4 tower? Its smaller than the 1/8"
> inch jack I'm used to.

Hi, Jeremy:

It sounds like RAT isn't "seeing" your audio device.

What are you trying to use? In my experience, RAT does not "see" the mic
associated with a webcam, for example. However, it "sees" my internal
mic on my G4 powerbook.

People have reported success (here, last week) with the USB Plantronics
DSP-400:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005A9AU/103-1323276-6278202?v=glance

Kathy

--