[AG-TECH]X509 CN, VenueServer configfile and profile, PII

West Suhanic giraffe911 at rogers.com
Tue Mar 15 09:58:40 CST 2005

>> 1)What is the relationship between the CN embedded in the X509
certificate
>> and the user ID running the VenueClient. I have had cases where if the
two
>> differ I get an authorization failure when trying to get into the
VenueServer.

> Each user has a certificate repository, and within that repo a default
certificate that is
> used for running the venue client and other AG software.  I'm not sure
what you mean when
> you say 'if the two differ'.  Can you clarify?

Hi Thomas:

To clarify, suppose the CN in the certificate is set to West Suhanic but the
user ID that I am
logged in as is wsuhanic. I have received authorization failures when trying
to connect to a VenueServer
via a VenueClient with the CN=West Suhanic but the login ID set to wsuhanic.
The only remedy was to
set the CN to wsuhanic .

> > 2)How does one create a configfile for the VenueServer? Could I please
have
> > an example configfile.
> > (I would like to create it without using an interface. Editing it with
vi is
> > preferable.)
>
> The VenueServer will create a config file with defaults when it runs.
Most of the options
> are configurable using the VenueManagement application.  You can certainly
edit with vi if
> you like, but you run the risk of invalidating the config file.

Can you please tell me where I can find the VenueServer config file.

best regards,

west