[AG-TECH] Problem with mic, rat and gentoo

Ashley Wright a2.wright at qut.edu.au
Sun Mar 13 17:09:10 CST 2005

Hi,

We have set up a single computer accessgrid using Gentoo Linux. We have
used the official AG2.3 toolkit.

My problem is that every time a new rat is opened (changing venue etc)
or a setting is changed, rat unmutes the microphone and the mic plays
directly into the speakers. This causes feedback though the mic and
speakers. I then need to remute the mic in the gnome volume control to
get rid of the feedback.

Does anybody have any ideas of what could be causing this, and a
suggested fix.

Thanks,
Ashley

--
Ashley Wright
3864 9264
a2.wright at qut.edu.au
HPC and Research Support Group
Queensland University of Technology (QUT)