[AG-TECH] Qns on network

Andrew Rowley Andrew.Rowley at manchester.ac.uk
Wed Mar 2 03:21:58 CST 2005

Hi,

The normal recommended minimum bandwidth for AG is about 10Mbps (see
http://www.agsc.ja.net/faqs.php#Q4).

If your DSL link has less than this, you will probably experience problems
in meetings with more than one video stream.  A solution to this is to use
an rcBridge (see http://www.agsc.ja.net/services/rcbridge.php).  This will
allow you to select which streams are received by your site up to your
bandwidth limit.  However, this will also reduce your AG experience, as you
will not be able to view all participants at once.

Andrew :-)

Access Grid Support Centre,
RSS Group,
Manchester Computing,