[AG-TECH] Choosing a Projector

aspale1 aspale1 at lac.uic.edu
Mon Jun 20 16:40:33 CDT 2005

Hello,

While looking for various projectors for an AG node, I have been trying to
determine what are important things that a projector should have.

For instance, how much brightness a projector should have?  The AG node
that I am trying to build is going to be in a very bright room (i.e. a
small conference room with a lot of fluorescent lights in the ceiling).
What range of brightness in lumens should I look for?

Also, the room where the projectors would be mounted in a room that has
dimensions of about 19 ft. 7 in. by 13 ft. 10 in.  The projectors would
project onto the 13 ft. wall.  If I would have 3 projectors, the width of
the image created by each projector should be about 50 in.  Is this a
reasonable setup?  When I have been using projector throw calculators, it
seems that the image would be too bright or may not size up correctly.

Finally, are most people still buying projectors that support native
resolutions of 1024x768 or are people looking for higher-resolution
projectors?

Thanks.

Allan

Laboratory for Advanced Computing