[AG-TECH]Virus in AGTk-2.3-Py-2.3.exe?

Symeon Charalabides symeon at it.nuigalway.ie
Mon Jun 13 09:19:06 CDT 2005

I got exactly the same thing last... Friday, I think.
Since it was just the install package, I didn't mind much. But it might be
something for the Argonne people to have heated conversations with the McAfee
people over.

> My virus checker McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.0.0 just deleted all my
> copies of the AGTk install packages.  The checker is claiming a virus
> detected as "GenericBackDoor.dr" was detected and so deleted the files.
>
> I've had these files for months now and am reasonably certain there are
> no true viruses in them (at least I hope there aren't--I installed them
> in a lot of places!).  I'm guessing my checker just updated itself with
> a new signature file which contained something found in the
> AGKt-2.3-Py-2.3.exe file it didn't like.

Symeon Charalabides (cosmopolite trainee)
Rm 307, IT dept., NUI Galway, Ireland.
+353 91 495185

http://geminga.it.nuigalway.ie/~symeon/