[AG-TECH] Gentoo: emerge fails on rat. I only need VenueServer and BridgeServer

West Suhanic giraffe911 at rogers.com
Fri Jun 10 23:16:59 CDT 2005

Hello All:

I tried the following emerge command:

emerge -aq ag-libs/agtk <-- This command fails when trying to emerge rat. Please note
when I do emerge rat this too fails. uname -a yields: Gentoo 2.6.11-r3

I am trying to get my VenueServer running under gentoo. If I can it would really
streamline my hardware set-up and get me institutional system admin support.
I have two questions. The first question is: How can I emerge the VenueServer and Bridge
server without the stuff does not work? My second question is: Without the AGtk client interface how do
I setup the VenueServer using vi to edit its configuration files?

regards,

West Suhanic