[AG-TECH] RAT Problems When Bridging

aspale1 aspale1 at lac.uic.edu
Fri Jun 10 15:46:49 CDT 2005

Hello,

I am not currently using multicast because the site where I am setting up
an AG node does not have this available.  I have had to use
multicast-unicast bridges wherever they are available.  I have had one
successful attempt using a bridge and communicating with the site that
operated the bridge.  More often than not, I have had various problems.
I am currently using an older model Mac iBook.  One of my problems stemmed
from trying to send and view streams in an encrypted venue.  Since there
is no workaround to this as of yet, there is not much that I can do.
Another problem is that my video will be seen fine by other sites, and I
can hear other sites in RAT, but my site will not appear in the list of
participants in RAT when viewed by other sites (and consequentially they
will not hear me).

Is this a RAT configuration issue or more related to either the bridge
that I am using or some other network-related problem?

Thanks.

Allan

Laboratory for Advanced Computing
National Center for Data Mining