[AG-TECH] Multi Display Cards Recommendation

Peter DeSantis peter at jumbovision.com.au
Fri Jun 10 02:38:39 CDT 2005

the matrox drivers have amatrox tool to switch between multiscreen and stretch mode.

multiscreen = up to 4 vga screens, each screen can be set to an independant resolution, and bitdepth.  This is equivalent to the "standard" windows multiscreen modes.  We wanted to have screen 1= 1024x768 for the control monitor, then the last 3 screens set to 1280x1024.  In this mode if you maximise a window of any application it maximises only to fill up the screen its located on

stretch mode = up to 4 screens, each screen must be the same resolution and bitdepth. You end up with 1 wide 1x4 desktop. If you maximise a window in this mode it streteches and maximises across the whole 4 screens.

With the PCI express matrox QID the multiscreen mode causes each vic window that you open to pop up on the primary screen, then if you drag it around it leaves trails and video locks up and causes screen corruption all over.

The multiscreen mode did not have this problem.  Last time i looked matrox had not updated the driver that casued this problem, and i am pretty sure its caused by the driver, not for example a hardware issue.

Peter