[AG-TECH] BridgeServer.py question ...

Michael Miller mimiller at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Jun 8 15:27:42 CDT 2005

Here's a note from Doug Kosovic regarding the trouble with QuickBridge
on Windows:

Hi Tom,

Thomas D. Uram" wrote:

> Oh, and it compiles in vs.net, too (contrary to my original posting),
> but fails to start in that case, too.

I'm pretty certain that the problem is that QuickBridge.c includes
winsock.h (i.e Winsock-1) but is linked against Ws2_32.lib (i.e Winsock-2).

So I think the following line:
#include <winsock.h>

needs to be changed to:
#include <winsock2.h>
#include <ws2tcpip.h>

I've had a similar problem with multicast on Windows before with a
program I wrote.

See the following for more details:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q257460

--
Thanx,

Michael Miller
System Engineer
Video Technology Services
Persistent Infrastructure Directorate
University of Illinois - UC
217-649-0747

"If you're clear in your vision and trust the people in your team with clear objectives, they will invariably do their best to achieve everything desired, and usually deliver everything you could have hoped for and even more." -Paul Debevec