[AG-TECH] Virtual AG Tour

Cindy Sievers sievers at lanl.gov
Tue Jun 7 16:33:16 CDT 2005

Hi all,

I was wondering if there would be any interest in a weekly series of
virtual AG tours?

I'm always impressed when I talk to people on the AG about the cool things
they are doing with their facilities, new hardware they are using, or just
what kinds of events they are hosting.  I'm wondering if anyone, besides
myself, would find a weekly virtual tour of AG facilities
interesting......I was thinking that each week we could highlight one or
two sites, let them tell us about their facility, what works well for them,
what they gear their AG facilities toward (classroom setting, research,
general meetings), what other equipment they have integrated (VTC, polycom,
etc) and just basic information about their nodes.
I thought this would be especially helpful for folks faced with the task of
designing their own AG spaces,  they could talk to folks about what is
working for them and see what kinds of configurations work well.
This would be different from the Town Hall where sites are highlighting
their research....this would be geared more toward the hardware and site
specific information a node would like to share with others.  More like a
"Parade of Nodes" kinda thing, where we get to "walk through" AG nodes from
all over, getting ideas for our own nodes, and providing very useful
information at the same time.

Any interest?

Cindy Sievers           Los Alamos National Laboratory
sievers at lanl.gov        Group CCS-1 MS B287
tel:505.665.6602        Advanced Computing
fax:505.665.4939        Los Alamos, NM 87544