[AG-TECH] JPEGVideoService

Natalia Costas Lago natalia at cesga.es
Fri Jun 3 17:09:35 CDT 2005

Hi Christoph,

I installed today the JPEG video service, first between two P4 single
processor computers (1 capture card each) and it worked great. Then, I
installed it on my node (all P4 Xeon dual processor computers, 2 GB of RAM
each, audio and video computers run Linux, display and control run Windows
2000) and i had a decrease in performance on the JPEG windows (i couldnt
achieve more than 14 fps). I added a JPEGVideoProducerService on the control
computer (that has a capture card as well) and I got more than 20 fps...

To put it clear, the JPEG video producer service under Linux (Fedora Core 2)
doesnt seem to work fine for me. Any idea about the problem?. I changed the
size to small, and I got more than 20 fps, but that's not needed when the
producer service is used under Windows..

Kind regards,
Natalia.