[AG-TECH] are you the right person to email?

John I Quebedeaux Jr johnq at lsu.edu
Thu Jul 28 22:37:46 CDT 2005

Chuck. "you" being all of us on the list? Yes, probably. But you'll
need to give us more information otherwise we're not going to be able
to help:

It would be appropriate to give us some background information on
your setup: hardware, OS, audio equipment, etc, etc and exactly what
you've done so far and what has worked (or not worked).

For example: you say AG (you mean RAT in this case) not using the
mic. What is the mic plugged into, etc. Have you checked for levels
where the mic is plugged into. Have you checked the source in your
RAT for the audio. On Video - have you tested with someone or gone to
a venue with video.

Have you checked that you have multicast or gone to a venue where you
can use a unicast bridge, etc.(i.e. network connectivity issues)

...have you read any of the online documentation and tutorials. They
are actually useful for setups. I require the reading for all my new
operators I train.. and then i train them (hopefully shortening the
training process).

Hope i'm not sounding so basic.

-JQ
--