[AG-TECH] How to show mouse/keyboard actions for shared applicati ons on AG?

Zhang, Kai (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C] zhangkai at mail.nih.gov
Wed Jul 20 09:59:56 CDT 2005

Hi, there,

Does anyone have some idea of how to show mouse/keyboard actions dynamically
for shared applications on AG?

For example, with shared browser, users in same session can see the same new
web page when one user click a link or key in a new url, but others can not
see the process of mouse movement/key input of that user on their screen.
This feature is important for us to have.

We are thinking about three possible solutions:

1.       screen capturing/streaming:

disadvantage: no interaction between users, low refresh rate

2.       Using mouse/keyboard events from low level:

disadvantage: problem with passing events to application after events being
intercepted by the "shared application" wrapper of the app.

3.       A framework like MS Netmeeting on AG for sharing applications
securely:

disadvantage: requires much time and effort

Can anyone give some suggestion on the problem of the second solution?

We'd like to know any other possible quick solutions and ideal solutions for
solving this mouse/keyboard tracing/showing problem for shared app on AG.

Thanks,

Kai