[AG-TECH] Unable to get RAT UI in VenueClient

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Mon Jul 18 01:30:29 CDT 2005

Hi,

> I am running AGTk-2.3 on an x86_64 machine.  I am not able to access the
> Audio Service UI when I am using an external Creative Soundblaster card.
> When I connect to a venue, the vic is launched and I can view the
> various video windows, but I cannot see the rat window.
>
> When I check the process list (using ps -ef), the rat process is
> present.  When I use an internal sound card, the rat window is displayed
> when I connect to a venue.  However, the microphone input on the
> internal sound card doesn't seem to be working, hence the need for the
> external sound card.

For the onboard soundcard and if you have upgraded to kernel 2.6.10 or
later, you may just need to mute 'Headphone Jack Sense' and 'Line Jack
Sense' with alsamixer to get the audio working again.

> Attached is the AudioServices.log.  Any help will be appreciated.  Much
> thanks.

Try running rat directly on the command-line like so and see if anything
useful gets printed out:

~/.AccessGrid/local_services/AudioService/rat 234.5.6.7/17000

Cheers,
Doug