[AG-TECH] 2005 WACE Call For Papers
pbristow at microsoft.com
Fri Jul 8 12:35:04 CDT 2005
*** REMINDER: Submission Deadline Approaching ***
Fifth Annual Workshop on Advanced Collaborative Environments
September 8-9, 2005
Microsoft Conference Center
As a quick reminder, the 2005 WACE paper submission deadline is July
15th, one week from now. Please visit the call for papers posted on our
website, at http://www.mcs.anl.gov/wace/.
For those unfamiliar with the workshop, it is a two-day discussion of
the research, technological, and social issues of developing persistent
collaboration infrastructure to address the needs of emerging scientific
communities, such as:
* Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
* Nanoscience and Molecular Technology
* Wide Area Environmental Sensing
* Biomedical Imaging and Simulation
Position papers are being solicited on topics including, but not limited
to, the following:
* Requirements for emerging scientific communities
* High-end, high-value solutions for scientific communities
* New ideas and concepts for advanced collaboration environments
* Removal of barriers to more rapid adoption of high-end technologies
* Roadmaps for development of high-end collaborative technologies
* Modes of evaluating high-end collaborative technologies
* Software environments for advanced collaboration environments
* Tools for enabling and enhancing advanced collaboration environments
* What is beyond virtual reality (VR), video, audio, and text?
For more information, please visit the workshop's website at
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/wace, or contact us at wace at mcs.anl.gov.
Coming soon: event registration will open.
We'll look forward to seeing you there.
More information about the ag-tech