[AG-TECH] No Vic or Rat in Fedora 3

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Wed Jul 6 19:53:30 CDT 2005

"Ashley Wright" wrote on Thursday, July 07, 2005 8:56 AM:
> Rat was not loading because the firewall (iptables) was enabled. Try
> turning this off.
> Vic was not loading because it was missing from the FC3 RPMs (x86_64
> version). Doug told me to try the ones at
> http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~douglask/NodeServices/ . (Just replace the
> appropriate files in /etc/Accessgrid). These worked well.

As I no longer have access to a x86-64 Fedora Core 3 PC to create a new
x86_64 AccessGrid RPM,  to try and fix the problem, I've unpacked the
AccessGrid-2.3-7.x86_64.rpm inserted the Video*Service.zip files with the
missing vic and repacked the RPM. So now anybody downloading
AccessGrid-2.3-7.x86_64.rpm should be okay. ( I didn't increase the revision
number as that would have required me to recreate the yum metadata files,
which I didn't want to risk recreating without access to x86_64 FC3).

The missing vic only affected AccessGrid-2.3-7.x86_64.rpm and not the
earlier 2.3-6 RPM or the 32bit Fedora platforms.

Cheers,
Doug