[AG-TECH] No Vic or Rat in Fedora 3

Ashley Wright a2.wright at qut.edu.au
Wed Jul 6 17:56:43 CDT 2005

Hi Mike,

I dont know if you have fixed the problem. But I was having exactly the
same issue install the FC3 RPMS on RHEL4.

Rat was not loading because the firewall (iptables) was enabled. Try
turning this off.
Vic was not loading because it was missing from the FC3 RPMs (x86_64
version). Doug told me to try the ones at
http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~douglask/NodeServices/ . (Just replace the
appropriate files in /etc/Accessgrid). These worked well.

Hope this helps,

Ashley

--
Ashley Wright
3864 9264
a2.wright at qut.edu.au
HPC and Research Support Group
Queensland University of Technology (QUT)