[AG-TECH] Install on RHEL 3 x86_64

Ashley Wright a2.wright at qut.edu.au
Fri Jul 1 00:48:22 CDT 2005

Hi,

I am trying to work out the best way to install the AG toolkit on Redhat
Enterprise Linux 3 WS running on a dual processor Opteron x86_64.

I have tried the FC1 32bit libraries available at
http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/research/accessgrid/software/fedora/ and
these are causing some errors. I have tried building a rpm from the
source code available at the same site.

Atm the errors I get when starting the VenueClient.py are:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/VenueClient.py", line 26, in ?
    from wxPython.wx import wxPySimpleApp
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/wxPython/__init__.py", line 20,
in ?
    import wxc
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/wxPython/wxc.so: cannot

The file /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/wxPython/wxc.so does exist.

Can anybody help me with this issue?

Ashley

--
Ashley Wright
3864 9264
a2.wright at qut.edu.au
HPC and Research Support Group
Queensland University of Technology (QUT)