[AG-TECH] 5.1 audio and AG

John I Quebedeaux Jr johnq at lsu.edu
Mon Jan 24 13:56:01 CST 2005

Hi all,

For those who are audio gurus - to this non-audio guru (not even at
home) - I have a professor interested in dropping an AG room into his
training/class room and I'm helping spec out for the budget. What I can
not get straight in my head is how I will have a sound system (5.1 -
such as http://www.genelecusa.com/news/powerpak_8000.php  and an echo
canceler (XAP800 for example, which is what i'm famliar with) setup so
that the class can experience whatever audio (from DVD, etc) and then
use the same speakers/system for AG audio. I.e. this is a classroom as
well as an AG room. I'm looking into the projection system, etc now as
well...

It's not clear to me if I need an additional mixer board or something
or if i'll already have what i need.

Questions and comments and help appreciated if anyone can help me
understand better,

Thanks,

John Q.

--