[AG-TECH] Re: Machine running VenueServer must also run VenueClient in order to function properly

Michael Miller myk at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Jan 21 11:28:33 CST 2005

West,

Use the VenueClient from the machine running the venue server to request a
service cert for that machine.  Install it and set it as the default.  Then
run the Venues Server.

I usually set up a vnc session and run the venues server and bridge server
through that, that way my machine is headless, but I can always connect and
run the venueclient to configure things if necessary.  Also, I've had
trouble in the past with the bridgeserver and quickbridge not working
correctly if Quickbridge doesn't have a console to output to.  So vnc
solves this problem as well.

Hope this helps

Michael Miller
NCSA

At 08:29 AM 1/21/2005, West Suhanic wrote:
>Hi Chris:
>

> > The APAG venue server (https://vv2.ap-accessgrid.org/Venues/default)
> > runs headless, with only the VenueServer and BridgeServer running on
> > it. You shouldn't need any of the other AG tools except, maybe,
> > VenueManagement and certmgr.
> >
> > How does a vanilla installation with the default certificates run?
> >

>I do not know as I did not try that config. Howver that is an
>excellent suggestion. I will try it and get back to you.
>
>west

Thanx,

Michael Miller
System Engineer
Visualization Technology Support
Computing and Data Management
University of Illinois - UC
217-649-0747

"If you're clear in your vision and trust the people in your team with
clear objectives, they will invariably do their best to achieve everything
desired, and usually deliver everything you could have hoped for and even
more." -Paul Debevec