[AG-TECH] Venue Server Addressing
jmiller at insors.com
Fri Jan 21 09:23:21 CST 2005
I can only answer question 1. inSORS has recently developed a new tool to
connect to a dynamic AG2.3 room as long as there is an AG client in the room
already. This works for encrypted rooms. We are in final stages of beta
testing on it. We will deliver to our customers in the upcoming weeks.
From: owner-ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov [mailto:owner-ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov] On Behalf
Of Andrew Rowley
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2005 3:53 AM
Subject: [AG-TECH] Venue Server Addressing
I am just wanting to clear up a point with venue servers and venue
Currently, we host a venue server for UK venues at
https://george.ag.mcc.ac.uk:8000/Venues/default. We use static addressing
for all our venues to keep compatibility with inSORS software and various
bridging software other than AGTK2.3 bridges. Some of the UK sites have
been requesting venues on the Argonne Institutional Venue Server. These
appear to have been created with dynamic addressing, so people trying to
meet but using different venue servers cannot see one another in the same
My questions are:
1) Is dynamic addressing compatible with the inSORS software and if so how?
2) Do dynamic addresses translate across AGTk2.3 venue servers? i.e. if I
create a venue on two different venue servers with the same name and dynamic
addressing, will people on different venue servers be able to see each
3) Is it possible to add statically addressed venues to the Argonne
Institutional Venue Server? If so how?
4) Why has the University of Manchester disappeared from the Argonne
Institutional Venue Server?
5) Can I make a direct link (i.e. without a venue) from the Argonne
Institutional Venue Server to our UK Venue Server and if so how?
6) Can I make a reverse link from our UK Venue Server to the Argonne
Institutional Venue Server and if so how?
Andrew G D Rowley :)
Access Grid Support Centre,
University of Manchester,
Tel: +44(0)161-275 0685
Email: Andrew.Rowley at manchester.ac.uk
More information about the ag-tech