[AG-TECH] BridgeServer not bridging?

Socrates socratez at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 04:42:23 CST 2005

Hi Tom:

First, I followed the sample I found in the document entitled "How to
Run a Bridge Server". On page 2 the format is described as:

[BridgeServer]
# the id field is assigned by the system; users can omit this line
id = <unique id of this bridge server>
name = <name of your institution>
location = <location of your institution>
qbexec = /usr/bin/QuickBridge
# ONE of the following mutually exclusive options can be specified
venue = <URL of venue to bridge>
venueFile = <file containing URLs of venues to bridge>
venueServer = <URL of venue server to bridge>
venueServerFile = <file containing URLs of venue servers to bridge>

The latter part, that of the mutually exclusive parts, does not seem
to agree with the format described in AccessGrid/bin/BridgeServer.py.
There I read:

[BridgeServer]
name = Argonne
location = Chicago
qbexec = /usr/bin/QuickBridge
# use this port range for the bridge server as a whole
portMin = 30000
portMax = 40000

# Lobby of ag-2 server
[https://ag-2:8000/Venues/default]
type = Venue
# use this special port range for this venue
portMin = 24000
portMax = 24006

# Entire transitional venue server
[https://vv2.mcs.anl.gov:9000/VenueServer]