[AG-TECH] shared apps not opening

Shawn Needham shawn at flash.uchicago.edu
Tue Jan 18 15:04:49 CST 2005

I'm running into a problem when trying to open a Shared Browser or
Presentation with the latest installation of the AG Toolkit. I'm running
Windows XP Pro Version 2002.

I am able to add the select and add the application, but when I attempt to
open/launch the application no dialog appears. In the past I used to get
the dialog where you could insert your url, but that is not starting on
my current installation. I tried uinstalling & reinstalling python,
wxPython and the AG Toolkit and ran into the same problem.

For wxPython, I had to download a different version than the wxPython from
the AG software site as that version (wxPythonWIN32-2.5.1.5-Py23.exe)
produced the following error:
16 bit MS-DOS Subsytm; The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.

I grabbed the closest version I could find on wxPython.org
(2.5.2.8u-Py23). and audio/video services are working for the AG, but I'm
not able to utilize the shared apps.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Shawn