[AG-TECH] Macs as Display Systems

Brian Corrie bcorrie at sfu.ca
Wed Jan 12 18:12:19 CST 2005

Hi Doug,

This is getting close. We have been experimenting with a couple of tools
that do video display on the Mac. There is a VRVS version of vic that
runs on the Mac and can use the iSight camera. VP is a display tool out
of the Australian National University and it also runs on the Mac and
can handle the display. The VRVS vic is not integrated as a service at
the moment but as a tool it works fine. VP is packaged as a NodeService.

Probably most promising is at the last townhall meeting (Tuesday) Eric
Olson from Argonne mentioned that they were fairly close to a minor
release for AG that would include audio and video services for the Mac
based on the OpenMash vic and rat I believe. The only caveat is that the
iSight microphone does not work. Hopefully by the end of the month we
will see a release of this...

We are in the same situation, would love to use the mac as a display
machine in a couple of our nodes. Hopefully this will be the solution.

Cheers,

Brian