[AG-TECH] RHFC2, CX88xx driver, vic problem

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Tue Jan 11 21:12:54 CST 2005

Hi Many,

> BTW. I was lucky enough and my supplier is swapping all four cards for  me
> (thank god for that :-)). So the question will be what happens to  WinTV
> Go cards in the future.....yikes, I think I'll 4 more as spares  :-)

One possible solution is to use native V4L2 with vic. I do have some native
V4L2 grabber code available for vic at:
    http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~agn/vic_v4l2/

I used to use it a while ago with AG1, when the V4L2 Bt878 driver's V4L
compatibility layer used to cause vic to seize up. For AG2, the
grabber-v4l2.cpp code would need minor modifications to add support for the
VIC_DEVICE env variable which VideoProducer.py sets to tell vic which V4L
device to use (the VIC_DEVICE env variable is really only needed if you use
something other than the default composite input).

The V4L2 Bt878 driver's V4L compatibilty layer seems to be okay now, so I
haven't played with native V4L2 support with AG2.

> BTW2 BT8xx works flawlessly under FC2 (and Suse 9.1 and 9.2 using FC2
> rpms).

Glad to hear.

Cheers,
Doug