[AG-TECH] Current soundcards in use with Alsa and rat?

Eric Olson eolson at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 4 14:16:16 CST 2005

Thanks Bob, that seems to be the problem.  I know you had suggested that
before, but since we hadn't changed soundcards, I didn't realize how it
could be an issue.  It turns out that when we switched to alsa and its oss
compatibility drivers, the name of the sound card device changed and no
longer matched the name in hardcoded table.

I have two sound card chipset names that I'll ask be added to the
soundcard table in the rat code ("Realtek ALC650E", and "Asahi Kasei
AK4531").  If anyone else has other cards that need to be fixed this way,
we should submit them, too.  If you're having the same line-in problems I
was, you can test the fix by setting the environment variable OSS_IS_AC97
to 1 before starting rat.  This has the same effect as adding your card's
name to the hardcoded table.

Eric