[AG-TECH] Problems patching ANL rat with Steve Smith's alsa patch

Steve Gallo smgallo at ccr.buffalo.edu
Tue Jan 4 09:44:18 CST 2005

Hello,

I'm trying to patch the rat to include support for the ALSA
snd-ens1371 driver but am having problems.  I've downloaded
rat-4.2.22ANL-alsa-0.9-1.diff.bz2 from
http://www.ap-accessgrid.org/linux/rat/index.html and have
retrieved the ag-media tree from cvs using

export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at cvs.mcs.anl.gov:/cvs/fl
cvs checkout ag-media

I then tried to apply the patch but there were several chunks
that could not be applied:

#> cd ag-media
#> ls -1
AGQuickStart.txt
common/
CVS/
make-ag-rpm
make-ag-vic-rpm
portage/
rat/
rat-build
tcl-8.0/
tk-8.0/
vic/
vic-build

#> bzcat ../../../rat-4.2.22ANL-alsa-0.9-1.diff.bz2 | patch -p1
patching file rat/aclocal.m4
patching file rat/auddev.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 9.
1 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file rat/auddev.c.rej
patching file rat/auddev_alsa.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
1 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file rat/auddev_alsa.c.rej
patching file rat/auddev_alsa.h
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file rat/auddev_alsa.h.rej
patching file rat/auddev_oss.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 9.
1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file rat/auddev_oss.c.rej
patching file rat/config.h.in
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file rat/config.h.in.rej
patching file rat/configure
patching file rat/configure.in
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file rat/configure.in.rej

Do I need to get a different version of the source?  Or am I missing a
step here?

steve

--
Steve Gallo
Database Administrator
smgallo at ccr.buffalo.edu
Center for Computational Research
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
9 Norton Hall, Buffalo, NY 14260-1800
716-645-6500 x521

"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most
intelligent, but the one most responsive to change" - Charles Darwin