[AG-TECH] Video freezing on the iSight

Eric Olson eolson at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 23 12:47:35 CST 2005

Hi Jason,
I haven't seen that here yet, but we don't have many machines for testing.
You could try reducing the cpu load by changing the VideoProducerService
(or VideoService) configuration and reducing the framerate and/or
bandwidth.

For others reading this who haven't done this before:
To configure a service, select Preferences->Manage My Node..., select
the service, then right-click (control-click on the mac) and pick
"Configure...".  Change the setting, close the configuration dialog, then
disable and enable the service to see the effects.  If it does fix the
problem, make sure to save the configuration you want to keep.

Unfortunately, the quality setting doesn't work yet, but you could test
it by manually adjusting the setting in vic -- although the effect would
be temporary.

Let us know if you find something that helps.

Eric