[AG-TECH] Audio on Mac PB - was Mac OSX AGTk 2.3 with Media Tools Release

Eric Olson eolson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 21 15:43:31 CST 2005

Hi Kathy,
15" Powerbooks don't require a powered microphone.  You can use the
internal microphone.  When the iSight is plugged-in, just make sure the
default audio input device stays set to the built-in audio device, and
everything should work fine.

So, you shouldn't need to return the iSight, but since the release users
have reported less expensive firewire cameras also work (for video, not
audio of course) -- so at least there are some options.

Eric