[AG-TECH] VIC performance

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 21 09:23:04 CST 2005

One way to tell what is going on is to mute all of the video streams.
when muted, all vic is doing is parsing the packet streams, and not
decoding the h261 (as I recall anyway). It is definitely not rendering
them. If you still see frame loss with streams muted, it is most likely
the network at fault.

You can also bring up the CPU monitor; if you are seeing 100% CPU with
the video streams being displayed, that's a clue that the computer is
not keeping up.

--bob