[AG-TECH] non working soundcard with RAT for anyone who is interested

Peter DeSantis peter at jumbovision.com.au
Mon Feb 21 01:46:59 CST 2005

For anyone who is interested we have found that we could not get mainboards with the bellow built in sound card to be recognised with RAT.  We in the end used a soundblaster Audigy 2, which worked fine straight away.  Seems like RAT could perhaps do with an update ??

Sound chip we could not get RAT to recognise

High Definition Audio
Intel high definition audio
Realtek ALC861 8 channel CODEC with Jack sensing and Universal Audio Jack (UAJ) technology
S/PDIF out interface.

Note that the manual specifically states it is AC97 2.3 compatiable

Thanks

Peter DeSantis
peter at jumbovision.com.au
Jumbo Vision International Pty Ltd