[AG-TECH] "waiting for video" with unicast

Michael Gates mgates at sdsc.edu
Wed Feb 16 11:32:33 CST 2005

I have seen this problem with unicast bridges as well.  Using a single
machine node, the consumer VIC session receives no video, while a random
producer VIC does.  The other two producer VICs do not have the incoming
streams.  We usually have to un-mute all the incoming video streams on
the producer VIC session to view other sites' video.

This usually causes the outgoing stream from that VIC session to have
frequent yellow blips.  Increasing the priority of the vic process
helps, but does not completely cure it.

I've always wondered why Unicast behaved differently in the media tools
than Multicast...

-Mike

--
Michael Gates