[AG-TECH] "waiting for video" with unicast

Monika Rabarison monika.k.rabarison at ccaix.jsums.edu
Wed Feb 16 09:21:46 CST 2005

Hi All,

Could someone help with the following issue?

Multicast is working fine. The problem is when switching to unicast using
any bridge. I have tested with a Room Node and a Personal Node (XP).
No problem with rat. On the Room Node, vic is "waiting for
video" on the Display machine (XP) and shows only the local video
streams on the Video Capture machine(FC2). On the Personal Node, vic shows
only the local video stream. No video transmission or reception between
the Room Node and the Personal Node.
When I run vic manually, I'm having the same problem.

A remote site using unicast confirmed receiving audio and video
from us though.

You may wonder why I need to switch to unicast if multicast is working.
We have sessions with a site that has to use unicast due to multicast
issues. For some reason, when I use multicast,the audio from that site is
breaking out.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Monika