[AG-TECH] Why record AG conferences

John I Quebedeaux Jr johnq at lsu.edu
Tue Feb 15 10:35:50 CST 2005

Derek,

Those are the reasons I get requests for recording:  rebroadcast for
people that missed the meeting and archival. On the other hand, i
greatly suspect that they will or may not be watched anyway... but i
don't know for sure since I haven't done it.

I maintain that AG sessions are for interaction - so my rant on this:
some people who haven't been in an AG meeting seem to think it's simply
a broadcast and it can be recorded and resent later as such like a
webcast. They seem to think it should be a simple matter and forget
there are multiple video streams and audio going on. I'm not going to
pretend i'm a professional video/camera person for recording and
rebroadcasting a session - I'm not. I'm running quite often now
multiple AG sessions simultaneously in my 3 rooms here at LSU. What  I
strive to do is  make our AG sessions as interactive as possible for
productivity and  that's what it's for in my mind with an eye on
quality of audio and video to make the interaction productive.

I'd rant on, but i'll stop now! =)

-John Q.
--
John I. Quebedeaux, Jr.