[AG-TECH] Mac OSX AGTk 2.3 with Media Tools Release

Colin Perkins csp at csperkins.org
Tue Feb 8 15:25:38 CST 2005

Hi,

On 8 Feb 2005, at 17:46, Eric Olson wrote:
>> On an other front: My machine is multihomed. The AG software picks out
>> the wrong subnet (the one that is unicast rather than multicast). How
>> do i tell the AG software which to use?
>
> For the communication between AG toolkit components, setting the
> environment variable GLOBUS_HOSTNAME to an ip address tells the toolkit
> which host or ip to use. -- But that doesn't affect the audio or video
> services, which is what you care about.  I'm not aware of a way to set
> this for the media tools, but you may have some luck looking the
> routing
> table metrics on your machine -- there are others on this mailing list
> that are more knowledgeable about this and could give you a better
> answer.

My philosophy when writing the networking code in rat was that this is
an operating system issue, and the media tool shouldn't attempt to
circumvent routing policy. Configure the system to route multicast to
an appropriate interface using "route add -net 224.0.0.0 netmask
224.0.0.0 eth1" or similar.

Colin