[AG-TECH] audio levels and sound quality

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 7 11:38:36 CST 2005

Michael Daw wrote:

> Plans are underway for such a reference site that will be usable by UK
> AG nodes and (but don't tell anyone!) probably everyone else too. I
> don't have a clear idea of how long this will be, but funding has been
> secured and work is starting... No good to you now, Natalia, but maybe
> next time.

Very cool, that's good to hear.

I just dug around and found the links to the old Advanced Audio tutorial
I put together:

http://www-fp.mcs.anl.gov/ag/events/tutorial-may02/tut02index.htm

There's an explanation in there of the procedure I've always used to
perform a deterministic end-to-end balancing of an AG node.

I also produced as part of the SWOF project a new version of the network
level meter, ported to win/linux/mac. I don't recall the state of
prebuilt versions of this code, but it's in the swof-alib module in the
FL cvs space (cf the AG developer pages on getting CVS installs).

--bob