[AG-TECH] another quad capture question

Richard Naylor richard.naylor at citylink.co.nz
Wed Feb 2 14:36:53 CST 2005

At 08:26 AM 2/2/2005 -1000, Draude, John P Mr TAMC wrote:
>Hi Richard.
>I'm creating a purchase list right now for a new PIG.
>Was there any particular reason you went with the Spectra Capture cards
>verses a later model of the Osprey (210, 230)?

I use lots of Ospreys elsewhere. I do a lot of webcasting - right now I'm
in my van webcasting Yearling {horses} sales - they've sold $45Mill in 3
days). I use both Osprey 100, 220 230 and 2000s depending on what the job is.

I replaced the Osprey 100s with Spectras (in AG Nodes) as we were having
issues with the drivers with multiple cards in one system. We had to bend
the Osprey drivers a little to make 4 cards work. The Spectra on the other
hand just installs as native and knows about the 4 inputs. This is under
windows XP.

The other advantage of the Spectra is one PCI slot. One node is a small
shuttle PC. Is a cube form factor and gives us 1 PCI slot and 1 AGP slot.
So a Spectra and a Leadtek AGP card (4 heads) gives us a very small AG node
with 4 inputs and 4 outputs. This costs around $US2500. We also save money
by using a single channel Gentner (GT1524 from memory) and a small audio
mixer. Its about 40% of the cost of a 4 channel Gentner.

Hope that helps

Rich