[AG-TECH] VIC menu slowness under linux

Jim Miller millerjw at psc.edu
Thu Dec 22 11:24:11 CST 2005

Yes, I am talking on the capture machine itself.  The machine is running
the servicemanager with 3 video feeds (hauppauge cards) and an audio
RAT.  The RAT is very responsive, the VIC is not.  I have attempted to
adjust framerates from 20-30fps with no change in response time.  VIC is
just slow.  I am running a 2.4 kernel, but I noticed this same thing in
older Linux and VIC versions as well dating back to AG 1 days.  It has
become an issue lately due to meetings that we attend being encrypted.
It takes forever to manipulate through 3 VIC windows to set up
encryption for every stream.
Thanks,
Jim