[AG-TECH] Remote Device Control trouble

Paul Mercer mercer at arsc.edu
Fri Dec 16 12:11:03 CST 2005

All

I'm trying to install and test the Remote Device Control on my mac
running tiger.  Following the instructions at
http://trac.agcentral.org/AGDeviceControl/wiki/UnixInstallHowTo
I installed checked the python packages agdevicecontrol ok
but when I try to register the Node Service
I get this error:

[polaris-e0:/Users/Shared/agdevicecontrol-0.5.4] support% sudo
/Applications/AccessGridToolkit.app/Contents/Resources/bin/agpm.py
--package=DeviceControlService.zip
Password:
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File
"/Applications/AccessGridToolkit.app/Contents/Resources/bin/agpm.py",
line 25, in ?
     from AccessGrid.AppDb import AppDb
ImportError: No module named AccessGrid.AppDb
[polaris-e0:/Users/Shared/agdevicecontrol-0.5.4] support%

I opened python and typed help() and then modules and agdevicecontrol
is there but no AccessGrid or AppDb.

Where can I get these modules?  The AG runs fine on my mac.

Can someone please help?

thanks in advance

Paul