[AG-TECH] AG Echo

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Thu Dec 15 20:08:08 CST 2005

G'day Chris

>From my experience, both the XAP400 device and the audio machine can
cause these problems.

Some of the suggestions I would investigate is:

Audio Machine

*	If the output PCM / master output levels are too high, I find
these levels can effect the echo canceling.

ClearOne (XAP400)

*	Ensure you have echo canceling enabled on your inputs
(Particularly on your inputs that have mic's connected to them.)

*	As with the audio machine levels, if you have the gain levels
set too high, it also can effect the echo canceling.  (But generally,
you tend to start hearing yourself back in your own speakers)

In my opinion, these settings can be quite fiddly and takes time to
adjust to the correct settings.

Also, you might find the following useful to help you test the machine
personally as well
(http://agcentral.org/help/tutorial/qualityhelper/qusound).

If you have any further problems, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Hope the above helps,
Jason.