[AG-TECH] Downloading AG vic sources from CVS

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Tue Dec 13 22:30:15 CST 2005

Hi Ashnil,

> I'm trying to obtain the osx-aqua tag of the ag-media directory from
> CVS.

> cvs co -r osx-aqua agmedia ends up with

There's a typo in the above, it should be ag-media, not agmedia.

> Using :pserver:anonymous at cvs.mcs.anl.gov:/cvs/fl causes a warning
> stating:
>
> cannot open /cvs/fl/CVSROOT/val-tags read/write: Permission denied

Using the CVS that comes with Mac OS 10.4, I just did a checkout now,
although I get that warning message, it proceeds with the checkout:

----
$ export CVSROOT=":pserver:anonymous at cvs.mcs.anl.gov:/cvs/fl"
$ cvs co -r osx-aqua ag-media
cvs checkout: warning: cannot open /cvs/fl/CVSROOT/val-tags read/write:
Permission denied
cvs checkout: Updating ag-media
U ag-media/AGQuickStart.txt
U ag-media/make-ag-rpm