[AG-TECH] QID redraw issues and lockup problems with Asus motherboard.

Jim Miller millerjw at psc.edu
Mon Aug 15 11:11:33 CDT 2005

I am trying to solve redraw issues with the Matrox QID in independent
mode.  Works great if I upgrade the VIC on my display machine, but I
don't want the radio buttons at the bottom of every window I open.  I
see that Matrox has a newer driver than the last one I tried
(1.10.00.037 July 18) How have folks solved this redraw problem while
maintaining independent mode?

This sort of brings me to the lockup issues I am having as well with
these newer Matrox drivers.  Even if I use stretched mode, my machine
locks up intermittently with any driver newer than version 2.0.0.40
(released Sept 23, 2004).  The mainboard (Asus P4SDX) and QUID have
latest bios installed.

Jim