[AG-TECH] GLOBUS_HOSTNAME problems

Darin Oman darin at ucar.edu
Fri Aug 12 15:39:21 CDT 2005

When I try to "manage my node," I'm told I need to specify the node
service URL, then I'm told that the machine "can not open node
management at https://..." I know this is a problem with DHCP machines.
I've tried set GLOBUS_HOSTNAME and I've also tried to remove the
environment variable. The problem there is that there is no reference
anywhere to GLOBUS_HOSTNAME. No environment variable, nothing. I've
tried removing and reinstalling the Globus parts as well as the toolkit
a number of times. I've also dug through the registry. The result is
always the same. Does anybody have any idea what I'm missing?

Thanks,
Darin