[AG-TECH] Bug Fixes to the Portal Node Listing (was: Portal node listing update ...)

Darran Edmundson darran.edmundson at anu.edu.au
Thu Aug 11 03:01:23 CDT 2005

On 09/08/2005, at 5:35 PM, Martin Polak wrote:

> Hi Darran,
> a minor issue I just found:
> On entering my site I did not select "multicast enabled" because my
> site doesn't support multicast. However when viewing my entry in
> the global listing, it says I am multicast enabled..... So whatever
> the checkbox is, it is not being evaluated correctly.

Hi Martin,

Fixed a number of issues today (now at 0.6 beta):
- unicast sites were showing up as "multicast without a
beacon" (thanks Martin)
- Missing a known entry from the list of possible beacons (thanks Derek)
- now sub-sorting global node list by institution (thanks Jason)
- changed layout of individual node listings to avoid long URL problems
- don't show blanks for missing information
- castigate those nodes which don't list an in-room node telephone ;-)

Keep the bug reports and portal suggestions coming, preferable
in the feedback forum:  http://agcentral.org/forums/misc/agcentral

Based on discussions at the last town hall, we're starting to consider
an equipment list feature ... more on this in the feedback forum.

Cheers,
Darran.

Darran Edmundson (darran.edmundson at anu.edu.au)
ANU Supercomputer Facility Vizlab
Australian National University, Canberra, ACT 2600
tel: +61 2 6125-0517  fax: +61 2 6125-5088