[AG-TECH] Single Node AG

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Mon Aug 8 09:53:32 CDT 2005

We've previously used a three node setup with two linux machines handling
audio and video capture, and a windows head node.  That works entirely
passably.

Now we've setup a single node Linux box to do it all, but have a query about
the behaviour of vic.  Previously all video both sent and received was
displayed in vic on the display node, which was nice.  Now we're running
everything on one it's not so nice, as you end up with three producers each
showing their muted output, and one consumer which shows none of the
transmitted streams.

What's the trick to seeing all 3 outputted streams in a single vic?

Obviously I don't mind running 3 (or 4) vics as I am now, but I'd like it so
that 1 of them would contain all of the interesting video while the others
could be minimised.

jh

--
"I think it is well also for the man in the street to realise that there is no
  power on earth that will protect him from being bombed.  Whatever people may