[AG-TECH] RE:

Adam Carter adam at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Wed Aug 10 10:24:30 CDT 2005

Hi Peter and others,

My two cents: I've also seen this issue. In my case it's caused by Windows
Firewall in XP (SP2). The firewall blocks incoming access to a port unless
the application is sending from that port. I've not discovered a work around
other than temporarily turning off Windows Firewall, or keeping Talk
selected and muting audio by other means (either using a button on the mic,
or using the Windows Audio control panel).

Dr Adam Carter, Applications Consultant, EPCC, The University of Edinburgh
+44 131 650 6009 | adam at epcc.ed.ac.uk | http://www.epcc.ed.ac.uk/~adam