[AG-TECH] Operator-Less AGs

John I Quebedeaux Jr johnq at lsu.edu
Thu Apr 21 15:45:57 CDT 2005

Lately I've had sites that were operator-less (user knew enough or
didn't know enough but was running it anyway) and as a result the users
were not in Jabber or relied on the Venue Client Chat (which will
sometimes lag or not respond occasionally or even worse, we're in
different venues or something wrong so we can't chat anyway during
troubleshooting).

If you are setting up your users to run your AG themselves, please get
them setup with Jabber and impress on them they should use it to
communicate about the setup. Not to mention that they should show up
early to do that audio check, etc. PRIOR to the meeting.

So, I'm getting more and more requests by users that want to run the AG
at their desktop or run it themselves. I'll be curious to know if this
is the case at other sites.

-John Q.
--
John I. Quebedeaux, Jr.